Sunday, March 11, 2012

I could have had a baby


I didn't..but other people have. I stopped blogging because I felt like I stopped doing "new" and "exciting" or "new" things. However, when researching other countries, I found it hard when I couldn't find a blog on the experiences of others.
This blog originally started for me to tell people what I was doing in a "far away land" that, now, seems so close to everyone. This, is due to the never ending supply of online resources. Take Facebook for example: I know what people are doing, who they are doing it with and WHERE they are doing it at (all with a map in case I needed to go meet them?) all the time. I really have a love-hate relationship with Facebook. Especially the checking-in thing. WHY? on God's Earth would anyone post a map to where they are, who they are with and how long they've been there, unless they were in need of an alibi? I find it dangerous...and annoying. But, then there are the pictures of my friends and their growing babies (and tummies) and the stalking of my little sister and MY growing baby..er babies (my second nephew has been born and I thought he'd take a back seat to his brother..whom has has my heart since day one..but I love him too!).
So with that, and with this, I've decided to wrap up my 7 months in ONE blog.
Information about Japan:
As with any country, you'll love it, hate it, run from it and embrace it. I've been through all of those emotions. I love love love the scenery (with the exception of January and February where all is gray and cloudy and yucky and cold..coming from Phoenix, AZ I find it very hard to want to do anything and I become/became/am a hermit- sitting next to my space heater which I have propped up on a three drawer compartment and under my actual heater. My electric bill is about 250USD and I don't care!)
I've loved it: My job has kept me here. My kids have stolen my heart. I went from teaching at an Eikawa: Peppy Kids Club, which was not for me. The job had great hours (no more than 20 teaching hours a week, all during the late afternoon/evenings) but it also had long commutes and I only saw each class once a month. I didn't enjoy it- planned on going home due to some family issues and landed another job.
I now teach for a kindergarten. I see my students every day, in the mornings and then I teach graduates of the kindergarten (and other students or adults) in the afternoons. My teaching week never changes (unless filling in for someone who is sick- which I've rarely had to do). The atmosphere between the teachers is great and I LOVE my kids. This pic is a drawing my student surprised me with. I thought it was adorable!






In the last seven months SO much has happened. I've grown so much, learned to suck things up and learned to say NO, do what I want without feeling guilty, to be humbled and accept the fact that I will make mistakes and be grateful when given the gift of forgiveness... getting my beautiful pearl ring from my amazing Italian man... going on trips back to America to see two of my favorite people in the whole world marry their amazing husbands, catching up with my big sis every Sunday at 730 am (my time) and stalking my little sister on Facebook or through email.

There have been many day trips around my area. In Japan, travel is expensive and I'm finding that the places often look alike. There will be temples, great scenery, buffets, Japanese people, tourists, the occasional gaijin, overnight busses and shops that don't open until 10am. I've been to Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Kobe (for like an hour), now live in Fukuoka, been to Kummamoto and Beppu/Oita and hiked Mt. Aso (in the rain, to see the hole in the volcano- dunno what it's called).
I've drank coffee, gotten diarrhea, eaten toooo much cheese, exercised A LOT, gotten sick far too much, started school again (Elementary education- 4 more classes!) and am now finished.
I will be leaving Japan March 28th and though I know it's not for me anymore, I am grateful for the times that I've had, people I've met, experiences I've gone through and friends that have been there through it all.
I will be uploading some of my favorite photos taken over the past 7 months




He liked it so much he put a ring on it ;)






OBV I'm still cooking- Mexican food, my sweet sweet Mexican food








Ciro came to Japan..he loved it (sorry it's sideways)






A wine and cheese party (we were cheated out of a championship and I had diarrhea...but fun)






Christmas in Japan is not so bad! The girls took me on a trip..great Onsen

Christmas in Italy 2010...I was SO tired after this, then I got the flu my first week back in Japan.

My school:

My loves!! They graduate from Kindergarten on March 16th in a very serious manner. They will do a speech, sing songs and sit properly for about an hour. They get their diplomas and we all cry... Congratulations Elephant Class!!!





I found it suiting to end with my little buggers as they've really made this year amazing for me. They are the funniest, loudest, most loving little group of children that I've ever had the pleasure of teaching. If they weren't graduating this year, I'd probably stay.

So...to Japan, I suppose this is good bye. It's been real.
xxx

Quichia Sensei or Miss Quichia or Miss Kiki Sensei or Kiki Sensei or QUICHIA!!! (screamed)

No comments:

Post a Comment