Saturday, March 12, 2011

A weekend in Beppu

To get away from my city, work stresses and the cold- I went to Beppu for a weekend to relax in an onsen. An Onsen is a natural hotspring in Japan where one may bathe in. So here are the rules in a nutshell:
Get naked. Take a shower (before getting into the hotspring). Relax in the onsen. Beppu is a gorgeous city and it was a simple trip of snacks and laughter, beautiful sights and relaxing.

Here are some photos that I took (Mud hotspring) (The view of the ventillation systems throughout Beppu) (More ventillation):





The top picture was just for show. We went to the actual onsen a little way up the road. It was cool; not my favorite though. My towel still smells like sulfur after washing it.

We also stopped in Yufuin and Hita on the way to Beppu. It was a wonderful, relaxing trip that I plan on taking next month.


No comments:

Post a Comment